- 1946 – Walter Sinclair starts his proprietorship, Sinclair Stove & Heating, in a two-car garage in Edmonton.
- 1947 – Dan Sorochan starts employment with the company as a general purpose employee – warehouse, delivery, sales, accounting, etc.
- 1953 – Walter passes away and Dan is named General Manager of the company.
- From 1957 to 1967, the company incorporates ‘Limited’ into its name. Bill Sinclair (Walter’s son) and Dan are co-owners of the company. A branch office and warehouse is opened in Calgary to serve southern Alberta. SSL moves to a new location in Edmonton on 119 Street, a 12,000 sq ft warehouse and office on 1.38 acres of land.
- 1968 – the south Edmonton branch is opened, main branch warehouse expands another 6,000 sq ft.
- 1972 – Bill Sinclair retires, Dan acquires Bill’s share interest and becomes the sole owner.
- 1974 – SSL incorporates the Belvent Manufacturing franchise for western Canada, opening its doors in north-west Edmonton
- 1980’s – Sinclair moves into a new larger warehouse and office space on 120 Street in Edmonton. New branches opened in Red Deer, Regina, and Saskatoon
- 1990’s – New branches are opened in Lethbridge, Surrey, and Victoria. SSL acquires Majestic Heating Products and amalgamates it into the south Edmonton branch with full sheet metal capabilities. Another 50,000 sq ft warehouse on 5 acres is completed.
- 2000’s – Edmonton main warehouse expands to include a sheet metal custom fabrication and manufacturing facility. More branches open; Fort McMurray and Grande Prairie in Alberta; Prince George, Terrace, Nanaimo, Kelowna and Kamloops in B.C.; and in Winnipeg, Manitoba. That makes a total of 17 branches across western Canada.
- 2006 – On the occasion of our 60th anniversary, Sinclair donates $100,000.00 to Northern Alberta Institute of Technology towards the development and support of HVACR programs.
- 2016 – Sinclair celebrates its 70th anniversary in April.
70 Years and Going Strong
Mr. Sorochan’s thoughtful style of leadership cultivated a family atmosphere at work and demonstrated an obligation to service and excellence that customers could rely upon. Simply said, the success of Sinclair is firmly rooted in offering quality products at the right price by the most knowledgeable, experienced staff. Their dedication to providing our customers with quality products, service and support has proven our reputation as a leading HVACR supplier and built long-lasting customer relationships.
Sinclair is the premier choice for HVACR contractors in western Canada. From humble beginnings in 1946, Sinclair Stove and Heating grew out of a simple two-car garage in Edmonton, Alberta. Dan Sorochan, who started as a general purpose employee, quickly rose through the ranks to become a manager. By 1972, he was the sole owner and president. From there, he grew the company to its current size of 17 branches serving Alberta, B.C., Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
We have your parts!
For over 70 years, Sinclair has kept pace with advancements and innovations throughout the industry. Adapting to changing trends and economic climates, Sinclair maintains an active inventory responding to the increasing demand for HVACR parts. We are a service specialty supply house with the largest inventory of HVACR products in Canada, including the largest selection of controls in the industry.
Sinclair Supply bases it’s everyday operations on core values that inform our relationships with our customers, our suppliers, and our employees. Our management and staff maintain high standards of personal and professional conduct and are open, honest and fair through all phases of business. We are constantly striving to improve, listening and responding to our customers’ needs and providing them with the best service possible.
Paul K. Lechambre
To be the premier specialty products supplier to the HVACR industries that provide essential services for comfortable living environments in homes, offices, schools, hospitals and industrial facilities in Western Canada.
We serve by distributing quality products, providing thorough product knowledge, cost competitive and reliable services. We are committed to providing growth relationships with our customers, employees and associated organizations.