Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is expanding, and we are currently looking for a self-motivated, customer focused Warranties and Purchasing Clerk to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Warranties and Purchasing Clerk will process vendor warranties and assist in purchasing goods and services as directed by the Manager or other leadership. Although this position is in Edmonton, occasional travel to sites in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba may be required. This position occasionally coordinates with broader corporate sales, quality, LEAN and customer service efforts.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a commission program, PTO, group benefit package, and RRSP matching program.
• Manage customer warranty claims by assessing to see if the claim complies with Warranty policy and decide whether the work is carried out on behalf of Sinclair Supply.
• Coordinating between the Purchasing Manager and Branch staff, the Warranties and Purchasing Clerk will collaborate with up to 17 Branches located across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
• Work with sales team as well as vendors to resolve product quality and warranty return issues.
• Coordinate with Purchasing Manager to prepare repair/replacement purchase orders for authorization as per warranty requirements.
• Ensure customer satisfaction and ensure compliance with all warranty specifications.
• Evaluate customer information and complete data entry for warranty claims and filings.
• Prepare and maintain all warranty documents according to distributor and manufacturer requirements.
• Monitor defective products and withdraw specific batch of products if required.
• Coordinate with Finance Department and Branch to settle all warranty claims.
• Prepare documents for all warranty papers and mention repair order number and date of replacement.
• Maintain records of customer details and warrantor resources.
• Maintain knowledge on various warranty programs by actively learning about vendor programs and contracts.
• Processing purchase orders, order submissions, and ordering IT, warehouse and office supplies as requested.
• Participate in multi-functional purchasing activities and achieve budget targets.
• Expedite past due and business impacting purchasing.
• Implement best purchasing practices as required.
• Adhere to, and help develop and maintain all Sinclair Supply corporate and purchasing policies, procedures and practices, in compliance with relevant regulation and legislation;
• Complete market research for non-contractual items to appropriately source materials and services, and meet business objectives.
• Identify, negotiate and capture cost savings opportunities.
• Check and compare quotations for completeness and accuracy and, perform negotiations with the suppliers.
• Coordinate in providing support to sales team related to inventory discrepancies (i.e. investigate variance and stock outs).
• Any other related tasks as assigned by Management.
• Proactive attitude and ability to succeed in an intricate, flexible position and ability to dive into a variety of projects.
• Excellent computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong independent judgment and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to be trained and train others on inventory management and computer systems.
• Ability to recommended improvements and changes to processes and systems.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Maintain positive working relationships with management and peers along with a strong team player mindset.
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply safety policies, procedures and practices, and related legislation and regulations.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, be organized, take initiative and problem solve.
• Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record.
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.