Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Surrey, BC is expanding, and we are currently looking for a self-motivated, multi-tasker Warehouse Worker to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Worker will ship and receive items Record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock throughout our branches Distribution Centre, customers from the Central Warehouse. Work may also include customer and vendor interaction.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, group benefit package, 2 weeks vacation, and RSP matching program.
• Partake in all aspects of warehousing and inventory as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Complete accurate daily warehousing, and administrative requirements as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Perform inventory control and maintenance as required, including cycle and annual inventory counts.
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Work with other Sinclair Supply and supplier staff to resolve problems within daily tasks.
• Safely and efficiently performs loading and unloading activities
• Operate and maintain all equipment – such as pallet wrapper, pallet jacks and forklifts, and company vehicle, as instructed and per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Complete required training and education as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices, and relevant legislation and regulation.
• Actively partake in staff meetings and required working groups.
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment as directed.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or other senior leadership.
• Grade 12 diploma with 3-4 years in a distribution warehouse environment, or equivalent experience.
• Very strong customer service mindset and approach to identify customer needs and resolve concerns.
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record, and able to work without direct supervision.
• Maintain positive working relationships with management and peers along with a strong team player mindset.
• Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs while unassisted.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift.
• Forklift experience required and / or ability to obtain a valid forklift certification.
• Basic computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to use product scanning and inventory equipment.
• Ability to use, complete and read labels, warnings and direction symbols and signs as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Either have or have the ability to obtain Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and WHMIS certifications.
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply safety policies, procedures and practices, and related legislation and regulation.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, organize daily tasks, take initiative and problem solve.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.