Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Kelowna, BC is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Warehouse Worker to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Warehouse Worker will pick, stage, pack, put away items, and record the movement of inventory and assets inside or outside of the branch as well as assist Sales Representatives in servicing customers.
• Assist the delivery of goods and services to customers who purchase material at the Branch counters.
• Partake in all aspects of branch warehousing and inventory as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices;
• Complete accurate daily branch warehousing, and associated administrative tasks;
• Perform branch inventory control and maintenance as required, including cycle and annual inventory counts;
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders;
• Safely and efficiently performs loading and unloading activities
• Operate and maintain all equipment – such as pallet wrapper, pallet jacks and forklifts, and company vehicle, as instructed and per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices;
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements;
• Complete required training and education as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices, and relevant legislation and regulation;
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment as directed; and
• Train with and assist Sales Representatives on counter sales; including providing sales coverage as time allows and for break coverage.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or other senior leadership.
• Performance targets are understood, maintained and achieved.
• Inbound and outbound freight costs are minimized and completed in a timely fashion.
• Complete documentation to support inventory management.
• As a Warehouse Worker, all activities are safe, accurate and efficient.
• Work areas are safe, clean, neat, tidy and organized at all times.
• Supervisor and senior staff direction is followed.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years in a distribution warehouse environment, or equivalent experience;
• Very strong customer service mindset and approach to identify customer needs and resolve concerns;
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record, and able to work without direct supervision;
• Maintain positive working relationships with management and peers along with a strong team player mindset;
• Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs while unassisted;
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift;
• Forklift experience required and / or ability to obtain a valid forklift certification;
• Basic computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of Microsoft Office programs;
• Ability to use product scanning and inventory equipment;
• Ability to use, complete and read labels, warnings and direction symbols and signs as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices;
• Either have or have the ability to obtain Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and WHMIS certifications;
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply safety policies, procedures and practices, and related legislation and regulation;
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment;
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, organize daily tasks, take initiative and problem solve;
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail; and
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a RRSP matching program, a generous time off program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.