Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946.
Our team in Edmonton is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Warehouse Clerk to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Clerk will assist special projects and initiatives in warehousing, show room, purchasing, contracts, sourcing, system maintenance and planning as directed by the Manager, Warehouse Supervisor or other leadership. This role will coordinate with and learn from the Warehouse Quality Specialist as well as the Inventory, Data & Pricing Coordinator for special projects and initiatives, as directed by senior leadership. Although this position is located in Edmonton, occasional travel to sites in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba may be required. This position occasionally coordinates with broader corporate quality and customer service efforts.
• Observe, audit, record, report and correct discrepancies from all areas of operations involving inventory control;
• Assist all cycle and year end inventory counts in the show room and warehouse;
• Assist or manage weekly cycle counts as well as research and correct inventory variances;
• Work with sales team to resolve warranty return issues;
• Complete inventory adjustments as required and related to returns, location moves, bulk transfers, physical count variances, and other quality issues;
• Provide support to sales team related to inventory discrepancies (i.e. investigate variance and stock outs);
• Complete root cause analysis to determine cause and effect, barriers to performance, and develop appropriate preventive / corrective action plans, and resolve risks / issues;
• Assist in developing training and education resources to support show room and warehouse operations and inventory management;
• Ensure adherence to inventory management standard operating procedures (SOPs) through observation, coaching, corrective / preventative action, risk management, documentation and investigation;
• Monitor internal and external customer service concerns and coordinate appropriate response and assertively escalate concerns to management as required;
• Prepare and distribute warehouse and inventory KPI reports, and work across the organization to develop and deliver action plans; and
• Serve as a key contact for internal and external inventory matters.
• Grade 12 or equivalent education, or work experience;
• More than 1 year of experience in warehousing;
• Strong computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of Microsoft Office programs as well as multiple other different applications;
• Strong independent judgment and decision making abilities required;
• Ability to be trained and train others on basic inventory management and computer systems;
• Ability to make recommended improvements and changes to processes and systems;
• Strong ability to work without direct supervision;
• Ability to be trained and obtain a certification for occasionally using a forklift
• Maintain positive working relationships with management and peers along with a strong team player mindset;
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift;
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply safety policies, procedures and practices, and related legislation and regulation;
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment;
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, be organized, take initiative and problem solve;
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record; and
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a company matching RRSP program, a performance based incentive plan and a group benefit package.