Reporting to the Branch Supervisor, the Warehouse Generalist will assist special projects and initiatives in warehousing, show room, purchasing, sourcing, system maintenance, and planning as directed by the Regional Branch Manager, Branch Supervisor, Corporate Safety Manager or Senior Leadership.
• Observe, audit, record, report, and correct discrepancies from all areas of operations involving inventory control.
• Assist all cycle and year end inventory counts in the show room and warehouse.
• Assist or conduct weekly cycle counts as well as research and correct inventory variances.
• Work with sales team to resolve warranty return issues.
• Provide support to sales team related to inventory discrepancies (i.e. investigate variance and stock outs).
• Assist in developing training and education resources to support show room and warehouse operations and inventory control.
• Ensure adherence to inventory control standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Serve as a key contact for internal and external inventory matters.
• Safely and efficiently completes accurate daily shipping, receiving, and administrative requirements.
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Monitor internal and external customer service concerns and coordinate appropriate response and assertively escalate concerns to management as required.
• Counter Sales Representative vacation and overflow coverage as needed.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by Management.
• Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years in a distribution warehouse environment, or equivalent experience
• Very strong customer service mindset and approach to identify customer needs and resolve concerns
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record, and able to work without direct supervision
• Maintain positive working relationships with management and peers along with a strong team player mindset
• Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs while unassisted
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift
• Forklift experience required and / or ability to obtain a valid forklift certification