Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, AB is expanding, and we are currently looking for a self-motivated, multi-tasker Warehouse Generalist to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Corporate Safety and Central Warehouse Manager the Team Lead Receiving will lead the receiving team and be accountable for the team’s execution to receive items, and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to Branch, Distribution Centre and customer, and from the Central Warehouse. Work may include customer and vendor interaction.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, group benefit package, 2 weeks vacation, and RSP matching program.
• Create a positive working environment by establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision of the team’s daily workflow.
• Partake in all aspects of the receiving and inventory functions as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Complete accurate daily receiving, and administrative requirements as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Perform inventory control and maintenance as required, including cycle and annual inventory counts.
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Work with other Sinclair Supply and supplier staff to resolve problems within daily tasks.
• Operate and maintain all equipment – such as pallet wrapper, pallet jacks and forklifts, as instructed and per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Complete required training and education as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices, and relevant legislation and regulation;
• Actively partake in, and sometimes lead, staff meetings and required working groups.
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment as directed.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or other senior leadership.
• Grade 12 diploma with 3-4 years of related shipping / receiving role in a distribution warehouse environment, or equivalent 5-7 years without a grade 12 diploma.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift.
• Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs while unassisted.
• Forklift experience required and / or ability to obtain a valid forklift certification.
• Basic computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to use product scanning and inventory equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate organization in daily tasks.
• Ability to use, complete and read labels, warnings and direction symbols and signs as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices.
• Either have or have the ability to obtain Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and WHMIS certifications.
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply safety policies, procedures and practices, and related legislation and regulation.
• Maintain positive working relationships with strong customer service orientation and team player mindset.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, take initiative and problem solve.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record.
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.