The Sales Representative / Branch Administrator is a hybrid position and will provide support to the Branch Manager conducting various administrative tasks related to the operation of the Branch in addition to acting as a Sales Representative.
• Complete all document filing in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist the Sales department with taking payments and completing transactions.
• Answer phone at the branch location with a professional telephone mannerism directing calls as appropriate.
• Conduct Accounts Receivable Batching and Invoicing under the training and direction of the central, head office Accounts Receivable Team.
• Assist with the completion of the cash sales report and the monthly administrative reports.
• Complete the Daily Deposit Summary ensuring the deposits balance.
• Deliver bank deposits to the local bank.
• Tend to the professional and cleanly presentation of the showroom.
• Complete the required paperwork as necessary for inter-branch stock transfers.
• Assist customers who purchase material at the Branch counters.
• Research product for customers and provide recommendations on our assortment of products.
• Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising and product promotion.
• Enter, pick and pack sales orders generated at the counter.
• Inform the Purchasing Team when stock levels are low.
• Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates.
• Process returns to customers both on account and cash sales including paperwork in compliance with all procedures.
• Respond to after hours emergency calls per schedule and as requested by Branch Manager.
• Uphold Sinclair Core Values at all times.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by Branch Manager, Regional Branch Manager or General Sales Manager.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist or as an accounts receivable clerk.
• High School Diploma, post- secondary Education in Technical College, or Industry Trade School
• Knowledge of products sold in HVACR Industry
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with customer service or counter sales in a Wholesale/Distribution Environment
• Must be highly computer literate capable of learning and utilizing various ERP systems and software. Knowledge of Eclipse accounting software is a definite asset.
• Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and have proven ability to practice sound judgment in making decisions while working independently.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
• Outstanding customer service abilities.
• Comprehensive product knowledge and willingness to continually learn about new product offerings.
• Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors and teammates
• Able to learn and operate the applicable software system (Eclipse) used to process orders
• Forklift experience would be an asset and/or the willingness to learn how to operate material handling equipment