Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is expanding, and we are currently looking for a self-motivated, multi-tasker Receiver to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Receiver will receive items, record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock throughout our branches, Distribution Centre, and customers from the Central Warehouse. Work may also include customer and vendor interaction.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a commission program, PTO, group benefit package, and RRSP matching program.
• Partake in all aspects of receiving and inventory functions abiding by Sinclair Supply’s policies, procedures, and health and safety protocols including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Complete accurate daily receiving, and administrative requirements.
• Perform inventory control and maintenance as required, including cycle and annual inventory counts.
• Managing inbound and outbound freight, ensuring costs are minimized and completed in a timely fashion.
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers, stakeholders, and coworkers.
• Work with other Sinclair Supply staff and suppliers to resolve problems.
• Operate and maintain all equipment – such as pallet wrapper, pallet jacks and forklifts as instructed.
• Ensuring all product is received efficiently without avoidable damage.
• Ensuring directions are understood, executed, and preformed following health and safety guidelines.
• Actively partake in staff meetings and required working groups.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by Management.
• High School Diploma.
• 1-2 years of receiving or related experience in a distribution warehouse environment.
• Forklift experience required and / or ability to obtain a valid forklift certification.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend and be on your feet for duration of shift.
• Ability to communicate with coworkers, internal and external customers, and stake holders in positive and professional manner.
• Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs while unassisted.
• Basic computer proficiency as position will require training of internal computer system, WHMIS certification, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to use product scanning and inventory equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate organization in daily tasks.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with a strong customer service orientation and team player mindset.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, take initiative, and problem solve.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record.
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.