The Payroll & Benefits Administrator will complete the semi-monthly payroll and all associated payroll and benefits administrative tasks for approximately 185 employees at 17 branch locations across Western Canada.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the primary duties of the Payroll & Benefits Administrator will consist of:
• Complete semi-monthly payroll processing for hourly and salaried employees (non-union) at 17 Branch locations across Western Canada in conjunction with third party payroll processing provider, ADP.
• Conduct T4 testing, review, validation and distribution.
• Data entry and maintenance of employee information within ADP Workforce Now, Sun Life, Manulife and BC Ministry of Health.
• Monitor and ensure payments to WCB are accurately processed through ADP.
• Maintain confidential employee files including completing all document filing in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide employee listing on a monthly basis to Homewood Health (EFAP provider) and ensure invoice is paid through Accounts Payable.
• Monitor and reconcile Sun Life premium statements and manage cost share of premiums within ADP Workforce Now.
• Calculate Manulife RRSP matching contribution and upload file to Manulife on a semi-monthly basis.
• Complete Plan Sponsor Statements for Disability Claims.
• Plan, coordinate and execute employee engagement events and activities.
• Provide executive administrative support to Chief Operating Officer including calendar management, travel coordination and other administrative duties as required.
• Attend Sinclair Leadership Team (SLT) meetings on a monthly basis to record and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
• Collect and distribute SLT briefing notes packages in advance of monthly meetings.
• Collaborate with the Executive Assistant of the President to ensure President and Chief Operating Officer calendars are coordinated when required.
• Provide additional administrative support and complete various other duties and projects as identified by management.