Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, with 17 branches, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946.
We are in search for a hand-on, experienced Human Resources (HR) Manager to join our team in pursuit of providing an exceptional customer experience both internally and externally. Based out of our Edmonton North, Head Office location, the role will manage and oversee day-to-day HR functions for Sinclair Supply Ltd. (SSL), reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. They will be developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy while playing a key role in building a great corporate culture.
The core functions include:
• Maintain an engaging work environment, handling employee relations issues through positive, constructive and professional consult, and in addition develop effective HR policies that are compliant with all government requirements federally and provincially across Western Canada.
• Manage the recruitment and selection process, ensuring candidates align with the Company’s core values and receive a winning onboarding process.
• With guidance from senior leadership, develop, implement and maintain HR programs to shape organizational culture, such as a smooth onboarding process, an effective performance review program, a Company communication methodology.
• Oversee, plan and ensure employee compensation programs are competitive and current, understanding and supporting all of the facets of payroll, liaising with the payroll service and benefit providers, the CFO and the payroll administrator.
• Maintain and report on workplace Health and Safety compliance making certain the Company keeps safety top of mind at all times.
• Build strong relationships within the organization and the community i.e. both internally and externally, fostering trust and promoting collaboration, developing an engaged corporate HR brand.
• Timely communication tools such as employee handbook development/updates.
• Effective and current HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Effective and efficient recruitment procedures for a centralized HR structure, including onboarding.
• Consistent, accurate, competitive compensation packages, including benefits, and bonus/commission programs.
• Confidential, well managed employee relations, including timely conflict resolution guidance to both employees and managers.
• Design and development of training plans and programs targeting both management and branch employee groups.
• Coordination of work-related and non-work-related injury/illness claims in conjunction with the appropriate insurance party and where applicable, coordinating modified duties and return to work plans. Assisting with program administration regarding Health and Safety.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
• Minimum of 5+ years progressive experience in Senior HR roles.
• Experience in design and implementation of HR and Health & Safety policy and process.
• Proven ability to interpret, apply and comply with employment standards and best HR practice.
• Experience with all facets of HR functions (employee relations, staff recruitment, payroll management, performance management, onboarding, staff engagement reporting and analysis).
|How to Apply:|
If you are passionate about providing the best customer experience possible while having fun, embracing change and pursuing growth we would love to hear from you. Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a performance based incentive plan, an RRSP matching program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.