Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration, and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is expanding, and we are currently looking for an experienced and self-motivated, Human Resources Business Partner to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for:
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
• Design, coordinate, and implement a variety of Human Resources projects in alignment with the overall Corporate goals/priorities and culture.
• Develop and communicate HR policies.
• Develop, review and monitor training programs for various positions and ensure that training objectives are met.
• Be a company culture champion and support culture related initiatives to foster a Corporate Culture that is continuously learning, improving, fun, honest, compassionate, collaborative and accountable on an individual and collective level.
• Design and support a recruitment strategy that efficiently finds employees that align with Sinclair’s values; and includes a compelling onboarding and development program that attracts great candidates.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, group benefits package, 2 weeks vacation, and an RSP matching program.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Partner with leadership to develop effective human resources solutions by collecting, analyzing, and sharing information and recommend unbiased courses of action that strengthen the Corporate Culture.
• Develop HR tools and techniques for management and employees to apply that improve performance management and address disciplinary issues, ultimately reducing turnover and improving overall Corporate Culture.
• Create, review, update and communicate HR policies, handbooks, and other documents, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and best practices.
• Address employee questions and concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations, and escalate to Senior Management, where necessary.
• Full-cycle recruitment including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and recommending candidates as well as onboarding. Mentor executive assistant recruiting duties, ensuring candidates represent Corporate values.
• Prepare material and deliver training sessions and seminars as required on a variety of human resources topics, such as communication, time management, leadership, ethics, etc.
• Investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Assist with the administration of terminations, layoffs, and WCB claims, as needed.
• Assist in administering the Health Benefits plan, including short and long-term disability case management.
• Assist with special projects such as compensation reviews and HR system upgrades, as needed.
• Partner with the Corporate Health and Safety Manager to ensure compliance with company health and safety policies procedures and practices.
• Other HR & Administrative functions, as required.