The experienced Data Migration / Conversion Specialist works directly with management, staff and ERP vendors to perform the business data transformations for an upgrade of the company’s ERP system. Must have expertise with data migration tools; an excellent understanding of master data, data interdependencies, and developing forecasting and reports; and good communication and organizational skills.
Tasks must be completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Work will include staff, customer, vendor and other stakeholder interaction.
This is a temporary contract position, expected to last up to 6 months. Successful candidates will work onsite at Sinclair Supply in Edmonton, Alberta. This is not a work from home position.
• Assist with leading parts of the conversion process, including data extraction, cleansing, transformation and loading;
• Develop data migration strategy for conversion of master data from legacy system;
• Complete mapping, interfaces, mock conversion work, actual conversion, and verify completeness and accuracy of converted data to Company and Vendor standards;
• Deliver the required system changes and / or work with the development team or a dedicated conversion team to specify loads programs;
• Analyze and coordinate data file restructuring and conversions;
• Prepare and document unit testing procedures and results;
• Support the identification, analysis and resolution of complex issues and defects identified during testing;
• Complete required training and education;
• Liaise with management, staff and vendor to understand to-be migration requirements;
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders;
• Establish a strong working relationship with all clients, interact effectively with all levels of client personnel, and provide conversion support;
• Contributes to the deployment of best business practice and staff training / education;
• Fully comply with all Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements;
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or other senior leadership.
• Undergraduate degree or professional certification, or equivalent experience;
• 5+ years implementation or conversion team experience;
• 5+ years master data and conversion experience;
• 5+ years experience working in a module-based environment, including data such as a master product file, sales, inventory, financial, etc.
• Experience in ERP Item Master description and settings data entry and maintenance;
• Proven expertise with data migration tools;
• Excellent understanding of master data and conversion concepts (such as data cleaning, dependencies, user matrices, etc.);
• Experience with Epicor Eclipse ERP considered an asset;
• Ability to demonstrate organization in daily tasks;
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices;
• Maintain positive working relationships with strong customer service orientation and team player mindset;
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment;
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, take initiative and problem solve;
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
• Very strong data entry accuracy (98%+);
• Above average data entry speed;
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record; and
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.
|How to Apply:|
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.
Please forward resumes and cover letters to our Careers email address listed above.