Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Commercial Estimator will provide upfront development consulting, project management, and design-build services for residential HVACR, sheet metal, and related construction activities. Tasks must be completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Work may include customer and vendor interaction.
• Analyze tender drawings and specs on various commercial and industrial projects;
• Prepare job / project estimates;
• Complete written proposal / tender documents for submission to clients;
• Analyze bid and job results;
• Partake in inventory control and maintenance, including cycle and annual inventory counts, as required;
• Complete required training and education;
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements;
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment as directed;
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders; and
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Manager, Commercial Sales or other senior leadership.
• Grade 12 diploma and 3-5 years estimating experience;
• HVACR and Sheet Metal Industry experience and Project Management experience highly preferred.
• Basic computer proficiency required as position will require training on internal computer system and use of drafting program and Microsoft Office programs;
• Ability to demonstrate organization in daily tasks;
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices;
• Maintain positive working relationships with strong customer service orientation and team player mindset;
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment;
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, take initiative and problem solve;
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record; and
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.