Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is expanding, and we are currently looking for two self-motivated and experienced Commercial Estimators to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Commercial Estimator will provide upfront development consulting, project management, and design-build services for HVACR, sheet metal, and related construction activities. Tasks must be completed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Work may include customer and vendor interaction.
Sinclair Supply offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a commission program, PTO (Paid Time Off), a group benefits package, and an RRSP matching program.
• Analyze tender drawings and specifications on various commercial and industrial projects.
• Drive sales growth by providing applicable product recommendations to customers, upselling where applicable, and meeting sales quotas set by senior leadership.
• Maintain client relationships and manage the client lifecycle through exceptional customer service.
• Prepare job/project estimates.
• Complete written proposal/tender documents for submission to clients.
• Analyze bid and job results.
• Partake in inventory control and maintenance, including cycle and annual inventory counts, as required.
• Complete required training and education.
• Fully comply with and complete all documentation as per Sinclair Supply health and safety policies, procedures and practices, and other legislation and regulatory requirements – including strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment, as directed.
• Ensure excellent service is provided to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Any other related tasks as assigned by the Manager or other senior leadership.
• Grade 12 diploma and 3-5 years estimating experience.
• HVACR and Sheet Metal Industry experience and Project Management experience highly preferred.
• Basic computer proficiency is required as this position will require training on our internal computer system, use of a drafting program, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to demonstrate organization in daily tasks.
• Ability to understand and follow Sinclair Supply policies, procedures, and practices.
• Maintain positive working relationships with strong customer service orientation and team player mindset.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced and changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, follow direction, take initiative and problem solve.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly reliable with excellent attendance record.
• Basic English language proficiency in reading and writing.