Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Surrey, BC is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Branch Manager to become an integral part of the team.
The Branch Manager (BM) is accountable for growing the Branch sales while maintaining or bettering the overall Branch profitability. The Branch Manager’s operational and leadership activities include: customer sales & service, inventory management/control, administration, human resource & staff management including safety. The Branch Manager (BM) will develop and lead all Branch Business Operations for Sinclair Supply Ltd.
• Drive Branch sales growth and best practice.
• Increase Branch profitability.
• Ensure consistent application of current corporate strategy and objectives.
• Provide leadership and day to day management of Branch staff.
• Support the development and implementation of programs to shape organizational culture including all health and safety programs.
• Develop or improve presence and reputation of SSL and the Branch with respect to customers and vendors.
• Assist (RBM) with development of clear organizational plan for Branch.
• Assist (RBM) with development of long and short-term Sales/Margin goals for Branch.
• Assist (RBM) with development and implementation of key performance indicators (KPI’s) for Branch.
• Share best practices and success stories with other Branches and Head Office.
• Adhere to high ethical standards, comply with all municipal and provincial. regulations and laws.
• Develop clear succession plan for the Branch.
• Network to improve presence and reputation of Sinclair with in Industry.
• Performance management of direct reports.
• Provide conflict resolution guidance to employees.
• Selling Activities:
• Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers and suppliers
• Answer phones promptly and courteously.
• Research product for customers, provide recommendations from Sinclair product assortment.
• Provide customers with quotations (bids), provide timely follow-up on open bids.
• Maintain all queues (open orders, call and complete).
• Promote and support Sinclair and vendor marketing programs.
• Follow-up on large project quotations, provide feedback to (RBM) on progress of bid.
• Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising and product promotion.
• Customer Service Activities:
• Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers & suppliers.
• Ensure Branch meets or exceeds service expectations of customers.
• Ensure customer warranties are handled in timely and professional manner.
• Promptly respond to any customer concerns or disputes.
• Responsible for participating in afterhours call program.
• Process returns to customers’ accounts in compliance with Sinclair return procedures and terms of sale.
• Coordinate and participate in vendor training sessions for customers.
• Operational Activities:
• Direct all operational activities for Branch, including purchasing, administration, human resources, safety and training.
• Responsible for monitoring warehouse facilities ensure clean, safe working environment.
• Coordinate and execute pricing strategy for market, ensure pricing procedures and controls are in place.
• With support of RBM and HR, develop effective staffing model for Branch, identify recruitment needs, coordinate with HR to fulfill any gaps.
• Creation and coordination of staffing schedules.
• Safeguard and maintain Branch assets, buildings, trucks, equipment and inventory.
• Reduce A/R balances and write offs.
• Reporting Activities:
• Provide RBM with Branch analytics, prepare evaluation reports on performance variances and market trends.
• Prepare Branch monthly operating review to monitor progress against budgets, solicit feedback from Branch team on opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain safety reporting disciplines in accordance with provincial standards, hold Branch team accountable for reporting all safety and near miss incidents in order to achieve COR accreditation.
• Provide A/R collection and reporting analytics.
• Fulfillment Activities:
• Ensure shipping discrepancies are rectified immediately.
• Ensure Branch transfers are shipped promptly and efficiently.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Post-secondary education, degree, diploma or technical designation.
• 5+ years established HVAC (R) industry background or experience in wholesale/distribution.
• B2B or outside sales experience.
• 2+ years management experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a performance based incentive plan, an RRSP Matching program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.