Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products, serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Saskatoon, Sasktachewan is expanding, and we are currently looking for a self-motivated, customer focused Branch Manager to become an integral part of the team.
The Branch Manager (BM) is accountable for growing the Branch sales while maintaining or bettering the overall Branch profitability. The Branch Manager’s operational and leadership activities include: customer sales & service, inventory management/control, administration, human resource & staff management including safety.
The Branch Manager (BM) will be reporting to the Regional Branch Manager (RBM)
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a commission program, a group benefits package, and RSP matching program.
• Drive Branch sales growth and best practices.
• Increase Branch profitability.
• Ensure consistent application of current corporate strategy and objectives.
• Provide leadership and day-to-day management of Branch staff.
• Support the development and implementation of programs to shape organizational culture including all health and safety programs.
• Develop or improve the presence and reputation of Sinclair Supply Ltd. and the Branch with respect to customers and vendors.
• Assist (RBM) with the development of clear organizational plans for the Branch.
• Assist (RBM) with the development of long and short-term Sales/Margin goals for the Branch.
• Assist (RBM) with the development and implementation of key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Branch.
• Share best practices and success stories with other Branches and Head Office.
• Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all municipal and provincial regulations and laws.
• Develop a clear succession plan for the Branch.
• Network to improve the presence and reputation of Sinclair within the Industry.
• Performance management of direct reports.
• Provide conflict resolution guidance to employees.
• Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers and suppliers.
• Answer phones promptly and courteously.
• Research products for customers, and provide recommendations from Sinclair product assortment.
• Provide customers with quotations (bids), and provide timely follow-up on open bids.
• Maintain all queues (open orders, call, and complete).
• Promote and support Sinclair and vendor marketing programs.
• Follow-up on large project quotations, provide feedback to (RBM) on the progress of bid.
• Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising and product promotion.
Customer Service Activities:
• Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers & suppliers.
• Ensure Branch meets or exceeds service expectations of customers.
• Ensure customer warranties are handled in a timely and professional manner.
• Promptly respond to any customer concerns or disputes.
• Responsible for participating in the after-hours call program.
• Process returns to customers’ accounts in compliance with Sinclair return procedures and terms of sale.
• Coordinate and participate in vendor training sessions for customers.
• Direct all operational activities for the Branch, including purchasing, administration, human resources, safety, and training.
• Responsible for monitoring warehouse facilities ensure a clean, safe working environment.
• Coordinate and execute pricing strategy for market, ensure pricing procedures and controls are in place.
• With the support of RBM and HR, develop an effective staffing model for the Branch, identify recruitment needs, and coordinate with HR to fulfill any gaps.
• Creation and coordination of staffing schedules.
• Safeguard and maintain Branch assets, buildings, trucks, equipment, and inventory.
• Reduce A/R balances and write-offs.
• Provide RBM with Branch analytics, and prepare evaluation reports on performance variances and market trends.
• Prepare Branch monthly operating review to monitor progress against budgets, and solicit feedback from the Branch team on opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain safety reporting disciplines in accordance with provincial standards, and hold the Branch team accountable for reporting all safety and near-miss incidents in order to achieve COR accreditation.
• Provide A/R collection and reporting analytics.
• Ensure shipping discrepancies are rectified immediately.
• Ensure Branch transfers are shipped promptly and efficiently.