The Branch Manager (BM) is accountable for growing the Branch sales while maintaining or bettering the overall Branch profitability. The Branch Manager’s operational and leadership activities include: customer sales & service, inventory management/control, administration, human resource & staff management including safety. The Regional Branch Manager (RBM) will develop and lead all Branch Business Operations for Sinclair Supply Ltd.
• Drive Branch sales growth and best practice.
• Increase Branch profitability.
• Ensure consistency application of current corporate strategy and objectives.
• Provide leadership and day to day management of Branch staff.
• Support the development and implementation of programs to shape organizational culture including all health and safety programs.
• Develop or improve presence and reputation of SSL and the Branch with respect to customers and vendors.
- Assist (RBM) with development of clear organizational plan for Branch.
- Assist (RBM) with development of long and short-term Sales/Margin goals for Branch.
- Assist (RBM) with development and implementation of key performance indicators (KPI’s) for Branch.
- Share best practices and success stories with other Branches and Head Office.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, comply with all municipal and provincial. regulations and laws.
- Develop clear succession plan for the Branch.
- Network to improve presence and reputation of Sinclair with in Industry.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Provide conflict resolution guidance to employees.
- Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers and suppliers
- Answer phones promptly and courteously.
- Research product for customers, provide recommendations from Sinclair product assortment.
- Provide customers with quotations (bids), provide timely follow-up on open bids.
- Maintain all queues (open orders, call and complete).
- Promote and support Sinclair and vendor marketing programs.
- Follow-up on large project quotations, provide feedback to (RBM) on progress of bid.
- Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising and product promotion.
- Customer Service Activities:
- Positively and professionally represent Sinclair Supply to customers & suppliers.
- Ensure Branch meets or exceeds service expectations of customers.
- Ensure customer warranties are handled in timely and professional manner.
- Promptly respond to any customer concerns or disputes.
- Responsible for participating in afterhours call program.
- Process returns to customers’ accounts in compliance with Sinclair return procedures and terms of sale.
- Coordinate and participate in vendor training sessions for customers.
- Direct all operational activities for Branch, including purchasing, administration, human resources, safety and training.
- Responsible for monitoring warehouse facilities ensure clean, safe working environment.
- Coordinate and execute pricing strategy for market, ensure pricing procedures and controls are in place.
- With support of RBM and HR, develop effective staffing model for Branch, identify recruitment needs, coordinate with HR to fulfill any gaps.
- Creation and coordination of staffing schedules.
- Safeguard and maintain Branch assets, buildings, trucks, equipment and inventory.
- Reduce A/R balances and write offs.
- Provide RBM with Branch analytics, prepare evaluation reports on performance variances and market trends.
- Prepare Branch monthly operating review to monitor progress against budgets, solicit feedback from Branch team on opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain safety reporting disciplines in accordance with provincial standards, hold Branch team accountable for reporting all safety and near miss incidents in order to achieve COR accreditation.
- Provide A/R collection and reporting analytics.
- Ensure shipping discrepancies are rectified immediately.
- Ensure Branch transfers are shipped promptly and efficiently.