Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Accounts Receivable Team Lead to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounts Receivable Team Lead will manage and oversee the day-to-day AR function for Sinclair Supply Ltd. (SSL). The core functions include the following:
• Oversee all day-to-day, centralized accounts receivable and collection functions for all 17 branches across western Canada.
• Supervision, mentorship and coaching of team of 3 or more direct reports.
• Development and implementation of policy and process that follow best business practice.
• Work with General Sales Manager, Regional Branch Managers & Branch Managers to reduce the amount of Accounts Receivable carried in the organization and at the branch levels.
• Supervise staff in the AR department – scheduling, workflow and performance management.
• Monitor collection status and produce monthly collection reports for management.
• Manage credit limits for all customers, including credit approval for new customers, credit risk monitoring and credit holds.
• Coordinate with sales staff to ensure credit limits and credit policies are followed including resolving escalating account inquiries and reconciliation of disputed accounts.
• Collect and follow-up on aged accounts receivable, monitor payment trends and carry out corrective measures and escalation of overdue accounts as required.
• Ensure timely collection of payments, follow-up on overdue balances and negotiate with customers for late & non-payment.
• Build and maintain strong working relationship with our key accounts and internal stakeholders.
• Supervise the application of cash receipts to the customer accounts and posting of invoices.
• Work with the CFO to prepare month-end and year-end reports.
• Ensure scheduled customer invoicing is completed appropriately.
• Perform various hands-on tasks as a working Accounts Receivable Team Lead.
• Attendance at monthly standard industry meetings.
• Identify and implement credit and collection processes and policies to improve AR hygiene.
• Reduce amount and aging of AR within the organization and branches.
• Organization can monitor, manage and budget cash flow.
• SSL is reporting on AR related KPI’s on a timely and accurate basis consistently.
• AR process is well defined and process efficiencies are in place.
• Efficient and effective AR controls and procedures are in place and breaches are identified and rectified.
• Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in Senior Credit roles preferably in a distribution setting.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience leading an Accounts Receivable team.
• Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management. A Credit Institute of Canada Designation (CCP) or pursuit of a CCP designation is strongly preferred.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, including analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Self-motivated, self-starter, strong attention to details and use of independent judgement.
• Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
• Advanced computer skills in Excel and financial software.
• Knowledge of Eclipse accounting software an asset.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated initiative in identifying and implementing new or innovative methods.
• Operational thinker and proven ability to lead a team to collaboration.
|How to Apply:|
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a performance based incentive plan, an RRSP Matching program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.