Sinclair Supply Ltd. is one of Western Canada's leading wholesale distributors of HVAC, Refrigeration and Hydronic products; serving the HVAC industry and our customers since 1946. Our team in Edmonton, Alberta is currently looking for a self-motivated and experienced Buyer to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain, the Buyer leads Purchase Orders and RFx for non-contractual and contractual low-medium risk items. The Buyer supports delivery of excellent customer service and product knowledge across 17 HVACR locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
• Place purchase orders to meet customer needs as per Sinclair Supply policies, procedures and practices to meet internal customer requirements;
• Participate in in multi-functional purchasing activities and achieve budget targets;
• Expedite past due and business impacting purchasing;
• Implement best purchasing practices as required;
• Adhere to, and help develop and maintain all Sinclair Supply corporate and purchasing policies, procedures and practices, in compliance with relevant regulation and legislation;
• Complete market research for non-contractual items to appropriately source materials and services, and meet business objectives;
• Contribute to procurement excellence across commodities / vendors as required;
• Identify, negotiate and capture cost savings opportunities;
• Check and compare quotations for completeness and accuracy and, perform negotiations with the suppliers;
• Support ERP system maintenance, and ensure accuracy of documentation in the ERP system;
• Maintain continued positive working relationships with vendor representatives, making visits to supplier facilities whenever the situation warrants;
• Work with suppliers to expedite orders of materials and assist in resolution of incomplete or incorrect shipments with suppliers;
• Follow-up with customers and vendors regarding delays, errors, and quality issues;
• Oversee the resolution of invoice and / or payment issues related to purchase orders and conduct timely close out of purchase orders;
• Address reverse logistics issues as directed to support negotiation sale of disposal / surplus material, inventory and equipment;
• Recognize and investigate problems with the inventory (i.e. inefficient processes or system settings/parameters) as required and make recommendations to rectify;
• Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers while maintaining confidentiality; and
• Other duties as assigned by leadership.
We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a bonus program, a RRSP Matching program and a group benefit package.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Sinclair Supply Ltd., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sinclair Supply Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.
• Procurement, Supply Chain or other Business related degree coupled with a minimum 3-5 years of directly related experience with a strong preference being given to those with HVAC/R purchasing experience;
• Highly refined organizational and planning abilities;
• Team-player mindset with high level of dedication to raising the bar for the whole team;
• Understanding of sourcing performance metrics and key performance indicators;
• Basic understanding of the negotiation process;
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office capabilities;
• Ability to quickly learn new software programs including Eclipse (ERP);
• Demonstrated strategic thinking ability;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities and build relationships across the organization; and
• Must be self-directed, self motivated, and have proven ability to practice sound judgment in making decisions.